Matthew Louis Estes
(334) 315-8432 | firstname.lastname@example.org
· To build a career using skills in communications, writing, technology and business.
MASTER’S IN COMMUNICATIONS | WILL GRADUATE SPRING 2016 | AUBURN UNIVERSITY
· Major: Communication
· Related coursework: Multimedia Theory and Design, Quantitative and Qualitative Methods, Group Communication, Responsive Design Directed Study
BACHELOR’S IN COMMUNICATIONS | GRADUATED SUMMER 2014 | AUBURN UNIVERSITY AT MONTGOMERY
· Major: Communications (Public Relations)
· Minor: Business
· Related coursework: Media Writing I and II, Research Methods, Social Media, PR I and II and others.
ASSOCIATE’S IN SCIENCE | SPRING 2012 | CENTRAL ALABAMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
· Related coursework: Advanced Web Design, Fundamentals of Oral Communication, Microcomputer Applications
ADVANCED DIPLOMA | SPRING 2010 | ELMORE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
· Related coursework: Business Technology Essentials, Entrepreneurship and Management, Economics
Skills & Abilities
· Began my own website design business. I kept it active for over two years.
· I was webmaster and online editor of the AUMnibus, AUM’s student paper.
· I manage several social media accounts to boost popularity.
· I have my own blog that has over 12,000 views.
· I interned at the Alabama Real Estate Commission, where I assisted in social media and external communication tools.
· I am currently in the editing phase of a 62,000 word novel.
· I was group leader for several school projects.
· I was co-chair of the AUM COMM Club.
· I have experience teaching college classes in public speaking.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT | ALABAMA REAL ESTATE COMMISSION | 2014, 2015
My duties included creating new content for the Commission’s social media platforms, as well as developing videos and
new methods of external communication.
WEBMASTER | AUMNIBUS | 2013-2014
My duties included publishing new content on the website on a routine basis. Part of that involved editing for AP Style
and structural issues. Also involved is persistent maintenance of the website’s hosting and WordPress platform.
STUDENT WORKER | AUM REGISTRAR’S OFFICE | 2013
· My duties included answering student questions, sending transcripts, and organizing forms. I upgraded all of the forms
and brochures, and created the Graduation Commencement slide show.
POS TECH | JUDSON ENTERPRISES | 2012
· My duties included installing computer systems, troubleshooting problems, and customer support.
WEB DESIGNER | PINNACLE NETWORX | 2011–2012
· My duties included creating and maintaining websites, as well as creating advertising materials.